ingredients (1) :
1 cup dark brown sugar/palm sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
3 cups of water
pinch of salt
* cook this altogether until the sugar dissolve and let it cool
Ingredients (2) :
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup tapioca flour
1 tsp kapur makan + 1 tbsp water (slaked lime -do correct me if im wrong in translation)
- Do prepare ur steamer first..
- When the sugar syrup has cooled down, in a big bowl mix altogether with the flour mixture.
- Strain the batter as u dont want any lump in the kuih later on..
- Then pour into a baking tin and steam for 20 minutes in a
steamer (in depends on what size ur baking tin is... the thicker the longer.. ) but steam it for about 20 - 30 mins..
- When cooked, let it cool, thereafter cut it up and serve with
the grated coconut mixed with a bit of salt.