verdict : if u don't like to drink plain milk before bedtime.... i bet you won't like this... with three different kinds of milk, top with, again.... cream... easy to say.. everything is about milk... but i loved this... simple taste with simple texture...
dare to try? here goes the recipe.... credit to mamapastel
- 1 3/4 C all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 eggs separated
- 1 1/4 C sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can evaporated milk (12oz)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14oz)
- 1/3 C heavy cream
How to make the cake:
- Heat oven to 350. Coat 10 inch round springform pan with no nstick spray. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper; coat paper.
- Cake: Whisk flour and baking powder together. In bowl, beat whites until soft peaks form. Slowly add 1/4 C of sugar, until stiff peaks form.
- In separate bowl, beat yolks with remaining 1 C sugar and vanilla until thickened, about 3 min.
- Fold in whites, then flour mixture.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake for 38 min or until top springs back when pressed.
- Cool in pan for 10 to 15 min.
- In bowl, whisk the milks together.
- Take off waxed paper.With a fork, poke holes all over the top of cake.
- Place cake back into the baking pan and carefully pour milk mixture over cake until all soaked in.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 to 8 hrs.
- Top with fresh whipped cream or you can also add fresh fruit to your liking, or other pie fillings.