Monday, May 2, 2011

Butter cookies II

Picture tells... my son invited his friend over to this cookies photoshoot

I would recommend to u to just ignore my earlier post recipe on butter cookies .I think this one is better.The difference between these two.... ok. no 1..... this one is more buttery flavour, no egg added so the texture is definitely not in common, but it quite crumble but melts in ur mouth... for sure this one they were all gone in a day alone.. all my kids loved it...so delighted ..

out of a block of butter (200gm) it only makes about 30 cookies.. never enough.. and please watch ur cholesterol level.Of course the secret is to use a good quality of butter and mixed it with passion n love.... credit to kitchen guardian


Ingredients
200g butter I used LURPAK or u can just use SCS
50g icing sugar
150 all purpose flour
50g corn flour
i add 1 tsp of milk powder for more richness

Method
  • Preheat oven at 140C.
  • Beat butter and icing sugar until pale and light.
  • Add in all purpose flour that had been sifted with corn flour, in four additions....I folded the flour using my hands, lightly knead to incorporate the ingredients together until my hands are clean.
  • Using a piping bag and a nozzle, I piped the batter on baking paper and bake for about 20 minutes and the cookies had turned light golden colour.
  • Cool and store them away in cookie jars

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanx...