Nusskuchen sounds romantic...
recently, my husband ...mr doni took me out to collect a package from a postage/delivery company.. ooo i thought there you go again.. what else did u bought this time... i'm quiet concern about the spending money on online shopping.. ebay..bla.bla.bla...it seems a small package.. he was driving and asked me to open it in that car.... i said" can we just wait at home?" he just said no no no.. i want to see the item that i bought now... can't hardly wait though.. okay2.. fine.. without no heart feeling... i opened it and wallah.. it was a baking book.(because im not a gadget person). and im grinning not shouting or else people will said that whose wife is that insane??..so i consider this as my 9th anniversary gift from him... cause we are not kinda celebrate any occasion even a birthday.. thank u so much...
so i dedicate this recipe to Mr Doni eventhough he is not a cake man..
just like making other everyday cakes, this is just another version of german cake which translates as a nut cake.. a cake which contains nuts..it comes it many forms, different of nuts, fillings, but this one contains hazelnuts give it a rich, crunchy texture,toppped with melted chocolate.
this recipe comes with a filling but i just make it at basic.. hazelnut + chocolate = a hint of good taste of Nutella
40 gm toasted ground hazelnuts
100 gm butter
100 gm sugar
1 tsp instant coffee +1 tbsp warm milk (dissolved)
100 gm self raising flour
for the filling : i didn't make this
450 gm apple
2 tbsp apricot jam
juice and zest of 1 lemon
50 gm plain chocolate melted using double boiler
How to make?
- Pre heat the oven 190'c.Grease a pan and line with baking parchment.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.Gradually beat in the egg yolks and stir in the prepared nuts.
- Add in the coffee .Fold the mixture
- In separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peak and then gently fold into the mixture.Turn the cake into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the oven about 25 mins or until well risen and the top of the cake springs back when lightly pressed.Leave it cool.
If u are making the filling...
- peel,core and slice the apples and put it in the pan with apricot jam, lemon zest and juice.Cover and cook vey gently until the apples are soft.Leave to cool.
- Cut the cake in half and sandwich the sliced together with the cooled apple mixture.
- Melt the chocolate gently in a bowl set over a pan of hot water, stirring occasionally.Spread over the top of the cake and leave to set.