is something going on here?? i`ve been craving for brownies this whole week... did a batch past few days but still cant get enough of it... as Nigella always said..dont understand why people dont make brownies... in fact this is the easiest, simplest and fastest recipe..simpler than making muffin..thanks to you..
so i claim with the basic, no nuts, no cheese will always be my fav... flaky top and fudgy feeling.. absolutely no cakey type with no bicab ingredients..as my husband said.. i wanna bite into it like im having a piece of chocolate not like a piece of cake.. well dear.. no objection!
it is no stress baking xperience....
so here it goes the recipe adapted from theapartmentkitchen
(copy and paste version)
8 oz (2 sticks) butter
8 oz dark chocolate
3 oz unsweetened chocolate equal to 310 gm,unfortunately i only had 250 gm left of chocolate bar, so i just used it
3 large eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean, scraped
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder i omit this
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, chopped nuts, etc. or to taste (optional) i add the walnuts
1. In a medium heat-safe bowl, melt the butter, dark chocolate, and unsweetened chocolate until smooth. You can do this in the microwave or over a pot of simmering water. Let cool slightly.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, vanilla, and sugar until thick and smooth.
3. In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together to combine. If adding chocolate chips or nuts, toss them with the flour to coat.
4. Add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture and whisk until completely smooth. Gradually add the flour, mixing just to combine.
5. Pour the batter into a greased pan (I use 9″x9″ when I want thick brownies, or 9″x13″ for thinner brownies).
6. Bake in a 350 degree oven until the top is set and begins to crackle, about 25-30 minutes. Walk the fine line between underbaked and just right – they will set up more as they cool.
tastewise : chocolatey.. almost gooey..almost taste the same like my previous brownies.. all i can say.. this is fairly good just hates the walnuts