i can sense that there had to be a better cake than i tried many times before... always got distracted by the variety flavours and colourful cupcakes many can find.... but to be honest they never really got me so well...
this is my first attempt using the real vanilla beans that i bought bout a week ago...so fortunate, the cake was so light and moist... and the smell was divine...so delicious.. so here goes the recipe..
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 16 tbsp. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1¼ cups buttermilk got no buttermilk ,i just use milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven .Line cupcake pans with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cake flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- Add the butter and sugar to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment .Scrape the vanilla bean seeds into the bowl of the mixer with the butter and discard the pod.
- Beat on medium-high speed for 3 minutes, until light and pale in color.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Combine the milk and the vanilla extract
- With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients gradually and mixing just until well incorporated.
- Filling each paper cup about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pans 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completelyServe it with your favourite buttercream or frosting... but i'm a greedy person .. so, i just ate it straight away...cannot stand of temptation..delish...