"BIG STU'S BROWNIES:
200 grams butter
200 grams plain chocolate
450 grams caster sugar - i find it too sweet, so i cut it down from 600gm original recipe
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
250 grams plain flour
4 tablespoons cocoa
i add couple tbsp of nutella (crazy about it) , some nuts as an additional flavour
- Preheat oven to 180C, Gas 4
- Prepare a small rectangular roasting tin or oven proof dish approximately 8 x 12" (20 x 30cm). Grease or line with baking parchment.
- Melt the chopped butter and chocolate over a pan of simmering water OR in a microwave. Cool slightly.
- Stir in the sugar and vanilla.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring until well blended each time.
- Sift the flour and cocoa together, add to the mixture and beat for about 1 minute, until smooth.
- Pour into prepared tin, and bake for about 45 - 50 minutes. The mixture needs to be just cooked, so start testing with a cocktail stick at about 40 minutes - it should have moist crumbs, but not wet batter, still clinging to it.
- Cool in tin until completely cold before removing from tin.
- I cut this size into 24 pieces (8 x 3), but it could easily make more smaller pieces as it is very rich.
- You can make a half quantiity and bake in a 7 x 7" tin for about 40 minutes (test after 35 min)"