This recipe is so simple, easy peazy.... even my 8 year old boy can do it (of course supervised).I made this one with a fresh and sweet honey pineapple that my husband bought back.I just bundle the ingredients in a bowl and mix it with my hand, (faster to make,faster to eat) because I admit that i'm such an impatient mum.If you are are using the fresh, don't forget to put a couple tbsp of sugar and a tbsp of flour to thicken it up.This is best served hot with ice cream or just a fresh cream like my husband did. You can change the fruit to apples or anything that available on the kitchen counter and add a little cinnamon, some nuts (why not with a little cruch and crispy effect) .I took the recipe from allrecipes.com after enough searching for the best.Give it a try and i suggest you to double the crips as it is sooooo buttery delicious.Ok ???..
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread well-drained pineapple into a 9x9 inch square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and egg until smooth. Spoon mixture evenly over pineapple. Pour melted butter over mixture and then sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Serve hot or cold.