Banana oh banana... i absolutely have no idea what to do with you guys... they are best fried with some butter and just sprinkle some sugar on top ... eat it with a double scoop of vanilla ice cream ... sitting on a couch, watching TV and there are no kids around ... but that is not circling around my mind at this point moment.. i think I'm gonna make something that i never done before..let see.. there is no cream, no biscuits.. only some eggs, half of butter, some milk in the frigde and yeah of course the flour... its my trial, my own version of banana pudding-so-called-crumble-crisp.. whatever.. I'm going to enjoy this... thank you.. it is really gooood.... i tell ya.. the crunchy crispy crumble..erm...
First, make the custard:
1 cup of milk
2 egg yolk
2 tbsp of sugar
1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
pinch of salt
How to make?
- Whisk the eggs, sugar, and salt in a heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- Add the hot milk in a slow stream, whisking constantly
- Cook over medium heat, stirring for 10 minutes, until small bubbles appear at the edge of the pan and the custard coats the back of the spoon.
- Remove from heat immediately, as you do not want the mixture to boil and curdle the eggs.
- Stir in the vanilla, cover, and chill. The custard will thicken as it cools.
Then you can make the filling which is just the sliced of 5 bananas.
Crumble recipe :
1 stick of butter / 125 gm o
1 cup of flour
3/4 cup of brown sugar
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl with your hands.Do not make it to firm, lumpy mixture is good.