Again.. its all about banana.. enough with muffin, pengat, bread .. now im making a chocolate version.. while cooking for lunch .. morning started with mashing all the bananas left on the counter..made some banana dumpling for yesterday tea time.. got some banana chips... urgh... no more bananas after this mr doni... ok.. let just move forward to the recipe ... google for some luscious, moist .. sexy image of choc banana cake.. i chose this one and as always i made some my own modification..improvising some other cake recipes ..here it goes ...pls.. no more choc ganache..
i totally forgot.. would it be much nicer if i put some cinnamon powder..aiyooo... ok noted... for next entry..
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3 ripe bananas, mashed i put 5 bananas,prefer chunk pieces, taste better.. more choc than bananas
1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup canola oil
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla
my modification, i add 1/2 cup almond meal
How to make?
- Preheat the oven as usual
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl, set aside
- Whisk the eggs and all the wet ingredients in separate bowl and mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until it well incorporate
- Pour the mixture into a baking pan and bake for about 30-40 mins really depends on the size of your baking pan
- Poke your cake with a knife, chopstick or fork.. when it comes out clean,the cake is done .
- Remove from oven and let it cool
- Once it cooled, sprinkle some icing sugar on top or frost your cake with favourite flavour.
- It is best served with some cream or vanilla ice-cream