Saturday, April 2, 2011

Kourabiedes



awesome.. awesome..awesome.. soft but crunchy..i'll definitely make this again and again..

Kourabiedes.. try to pronounce it by yourself... I kinda bored of having cakes,chocolate, sweet things these days so I googled some image , searching for a new recipe for me to try.So, i just type greek cookies and there it goes, there were so many pictures of proud Kourabiedes... Hurm, seems interesting since my family and of course me are into buttery cookies... after hours of reading different kinds of recipes, I stumbled into this one.... Got enough ingredients in the pantry.After my son went to school and my husband went to work, my baby girl, sara and baby boy, kashif are still sleeping.. its the moment of truth.. I was so excited to make this cookies and even forgot to have my breakfast ( a mug of hot milo and bread - my typical breakfast)

I did some changes to the recipe, for some exceptional reasons..i encourage you to try this out..

Ingredients:

1 1/3 cups sifted plain/all-purpose flour prepare for some extra flour, the dough might be too soft
2/3 cup of almond flour/almond meal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter i use half butter and half shortening
1/3 cup icing confectioners’ sugar
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons brandy i substitute this with 1 tsp rose essence
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup finely chopped blanched almonds optional, i omit this one
1/2 cup icing/confectioners’ sugar for decoration

How to make ?

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (170 degrees C).Beat the egg and butter/shortening until white and fluffy.Then, add the egg yolk, vanilla .Beat again until light.


Blend in flour and almond, mix to form a soft, smooth dough


Shape the dough into crescent-shapes.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until light...do not brown.


Cool on rack. Dust generously with confectioners' sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanx...