This is one of the least fussy dessert that everyone should do at home.Even a child can make this under supervised.With only four basic and cheap ingredients ; egg, milk, sugar and vanilla.I mix n match, recreate the recipe to make it simpler and tastier.Some might use cream, full cream milk but i think my version is far easier, no need to weigh the sugar, dissolve sugar in milk.. whatsoever..
A simple yet delicious.Easy to make in short time and absolutely you'll be proud of the comments coming from the people u served.
2/3 cup sugar
2 tbsp water
how to make caramelised sugar for the base?
- Simply combine sugar and water in a saucepan and let it boil.Keep watching, tilt and swirl sugar until melted in deep amber or dark brown, about 4 minutes.Turn off the heat.
- Pour this caramelised sugar into the pudding mould/ pudding cups/ ramekin cups and swirl to coat the sides of the mould. Keep aside to cool
for the custard filling:
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 1/4 cup water
1 tsp vanilla essence
pinch of salt
How to make the custard?
Pre heat the steamer.
- Pour this mixture into caramel coated mold.Next, place it into the steamer for about 15 mins.The pudding is done when the top is firm when pressed gently with finger.
- Remove from heat and allow it cools...
- Shake the mold gently to release.To serve, place a plate over the mould, hold firmly in place and turn over gently. The pudding will turn over onto the plate, caramel side up! Pour some of the remaining caramel over the pudding and serve.